Hizb ut-Tahrir has issued a statement on the attempted coup on Friday 15 July 2016. Below is a translation from the Turkish of this statement.
Statement from Hizb ut-Tahrir Turkey on the Coup Attempt
[Translated from Turkish to English]
Hizb ut-Tahrir Turkey condemns the coup attempt in Turkey. We squarely accuse the Western, neo-colonial powers in this regard and we make the following points in this relation:
– We strongly condemn this act – a terrorist and bloody act – that could not have happened without Western blessing and the green light of America etc.
– The Gulen Movement – if indeed it is behind the act – could not have planned it without knowledge and facilitation from the neo-colonialist West that forever harbours hatred for Muslims (and their revival).
– All fingers must ultimately point to the West that some politicians and military officers in Turkey take as allies and friends and whom they actively work with.
– It is incumbent upon Turkey’s politicians and generals to cut all ties with America and its friendly powers, and to adopt the interests of the people that have taken to the streets, endangering their lives in the process, bellowing with takbeers and Islamic chants, who have not done this to defend “secularism” or “democracy”.
– We call upon the nation that stood strongly against the (attempted) coup’s perpetrators to take the same stance for the project of establishing the righteous Caliphate and to reject all other ideas and political projects just as they have rejected this coup.
And to Allah belongs all Praise!
10,344 total views, 3 views today